Promoting your business site with Squidoo is one of the most effective affiliate marketing methods, right beside article marketing and blogging. It has become one of the most popular online marketing trends for a good reason.
Squidoo is an online community of lensmasters. Lensmasters are Squidoo members that create content on Squidoo via Squidoo lenses, one-page information sites that serve to inform people of a certain topic or subject and to point the way, providing links to products, sites or giving product reviews.
Squidoo has many different aspects, such as member interaction via commenting on lenses, joining relevant groups or rating other members lenses. Promoting your affiliate sites or products on Squidoo has been made very easy and is actually welcomed, which is uncommon on the web today.
One of the best things about Squidoo is that the content created on it ranks extremely well in the search engines. It is highly optimized and many lenses to this day have made it to the first page of Google and other search engines with virtually no effort beyond making the lens and publishing it. This is probably the most important part of Squidoo.
Squidoo lenses give you the ability to rank very high in the search engines for your selected keywords, while giving you the ability to get high quality backlinks to your site, give your site or blog big exposure. Also, you can make affiliate sales directly from Squidoo by providing people info on a certain subject and then directing them to selected products from stores such as Amazon and Ebay.
There are some things that you need to remember when using Squidoo to promote your personal website, affiliate page or squeeze page where you capture subscribers to your newsletter.
1. You must create quality content. Period. That means info that people can actually use.
2. If you have your own website, be sure to link to it from your Squidoo lenses and use an anchor text with the targeted keywords that you want your site to compete on in the search engines. This can give a great boost to your site's search engine rankings.
3. Use social bookmarking to get the word out about your lens. This will give you more backlinks and more readers. And more sales.
4. Update your lenses at least one per week if you want to make a long term profit from them. There are two reasons for this. First, the more you update your lens, the better it will rank in Squidoo, which can give you more credibility as an expert on the subject. Second, you can track the click through rate and tweak the content to be more appealing.
5. Post constructive comments and compliment other people's lenses. This will give you more traffic to your own lenses.
6. When you decide to create a lens, Squidoo will give you your own page that looks like this: Squidoo.com/nameofyourlens. Be sure to choose the name of your lens carefully, as well as the title of your lens. It must be something that clearly tells people what the lens is about.
Squidoo is a powerful asset for everyone who wants to make money online. Use it to get the word out about your site and to build your credibility, to create more presence in the search engines and to make sales. And then more sales.
Josip Barbaric is a successful affiliate marketer and a Squidoo lensmaster. Josip's Affiliate Marketing Guide shows affiliate marketers how to effectively promote their business. For more information, go here: Affiliate Marketing Training